Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Grand Emptiness

Hilbre

[See this picture at a larger size in the Empty Places section of the gallery.]

I'm starting to think I should have called this blog "Stray Light Foto(s that look better as prints, honest)" ... but, hey, I like this one even in its diminished state. It sort of looks like the desert, but this is in fact the seabed on the two mile walk out to Hilbre Island off the Wirral coast ... feels like a bit of an adventure going out there, in this landscape temporarily vacated by the water. Huge feeling of openness and space ... and hardly a soul to be seen on the blustery day I went out, except for the two lovely Polish lasses I met in the abandoned lifeboat station on Hilbre who shared their thermos of tea - cheers ladies!

Listening this week: the new Do Make Say Think LP - they were fantastic when my band played with them several years ago, and they seem to be continuing in their all-round greatness with this new record.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, this is gorgeous. So if it looks better in print then it's doubly gorgeous. :)

7:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home