Thursday, November 16, 2006

Low Winter Sun

Low Winter Sun

[See this picture at a larger size in the People section of the gallery.]

Midday at West Kirby ... this picture is really all about the people on the horizon. Who you can't see at this size on the web. Oh.

As a bit of a project to occupy myself during the long dark winter days ahead I'm in the process of learning to make digital negatives for platinum / palladium printing ... weirdly attracted to the idea of using a digital route to get to a 19th century chemical process print. It's also the sort of thing that I just like learning how to do, although I have to restrain myself often from delving into anything that comes along ... curiosity would be a much better character trait if you didn't have to sleep.

Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on.

Or, if it's a complete disaster, never mention it again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely image, as always!
Look forward to those digital neg pics. :)

3:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home