Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Unfettered Capitalism

Platinum Quarry Path

[See this picture at a larger size in the gallery and the shop.]

As some of you might have already noticed, I've added a shop page to my site - and up now are a first few platinum / palladium prints. After a lot of experimenting I've decided to be very selective about which pictures I offer in platinum - partly because it's a lot of work making them (!!), but mostly as I think it's best to only do only those that really benefit from the particular look that pt/pd offers.

I'll be adding some more to the page over the weekend - I'm going to try and write a little background info for each picture I select as well.

Pynchon progress update:- there's a very fine chapter early on in Against the Day about photography around 1890/1900 - plates, pyrogallic, magnesium flash lamps, the lot - and there's a line ("redeeming light from the inertia of precious metals") that I keep coming back to as I play around with my tiny brown glass bottles of sodium chloropalladite...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely David!
Congrats on the shop!
Well done.

5:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful.

5:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home