Monday, August 01, 2005

Concrete

Trellick Tower

This was sort of a grab shot as I just happened to walk by here on my last trip to London. I've always sort of admired the Brutalist style, although I suspect its reputation has been forever tarnished by close association with the often shoddy construction and town planning policies of the 1960s. In any case, this is one of the more successful examples - Trellick Tower, designed in the 60s by the wonderfully named Erno Goldfinger.

I've added a page with a selection of Science project work to the gallery - will be adding more info and lots more photos in the coming days and weeks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shot. I saw a wonderfull documentary about the life in those towers. Still don't know if I should find the building beautiful and plain ugly.

9:32 am  
Blogger David Bennett said...

Seems like quite a good place to live these days. I like the building, but I wouldn't say it was beautiful ... or ugly. Maybe what's interesting is that it's got such presence but doesn't care about those categories.

1:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home